“I saw a lot of grace, enlightenment, and provocation…
Who said refrigeration equipment has to be boring?
TONY CAMILLE T TI, EVP, D|Fab (Design Fabrications Inc.)
• Integrate lighting. Merge fixturing, visual elements, and lighting to help
shoppers focus on the message or emphasize the geometry of a fixture.
• Layer contoured shapes. Undulating features create motion, while stacked
repeating shapes can draw shoppers to the merchandise.
• Be provocative. Sexy curves in wooden fixtures and sharp angles draw
customers to the display.
• Create base envy. Use lighted graphics or unusual patterns to demand that
fixture bases get noticed.
• Use old wood. Reclaimed wood is sustainable and has rustic appeal as veneer,
tabletop, cladding, drawer fronts, you name it.
• Use cutouts to create negative space. Shadow effects and shapes can create
• Add whimsy. Bring the nature of a youthful brand personality to the forefront.
• Be prismatic. Geometric prisms create sculptural cleavage, bringing harmony
to the space.
Sinuous curves and other interesting profiles as well as clever color application are moving
refrigerated cases beyond the typical suburban mainstay.