AT&T Michigan Avenue
Lighting that Contains and Warms
With sustainability as a driving principle for the new, 10,000-square-foot
flagship, 90 percent of lighting is LED; the other 10 percent is fluorescent.
Trimless square-aperture fixtures were used in the dropped drywall ceilings and
free-floating adjustable track heads in the open-to-structure blackout areas.
These track lights wash the reclaimed teak walls, contrasting against adjacent
white fixtures and video technology. Recessed linear lights in the floor, blade
edges, and ceilings of the Experience Platform combine to outline cubes of light
that visually contain each experience area without physical obstructions.
Architect: Callison Seattle, WA
Engineering: Aedifica St. Louis, MO
General Contracting: Healy Construction Crestwood, IL
Lighting: Generation Brands Slokie, IL
Lighting: Grainger Forest Park, GA
Lighting: Phillips/Lightolier Fall River, MA
Lighting: Zumtobel New York, NY
Lighting Design: Sean O’Connor Lighting Beverly Hills, CA
Retailer: AT&T Mobility Atlanta, GA