A.R.E. recently unveiled its new Retail & Design Center, an
image- and information-rich online area for ideas, insight,
and inspiration. Here, retailers, designers, and industry
• Get inspired by member projects. From award-winning design to interesting fixture installations, featured projects showcase A.R.E. member
capabilities in practice.
• Let product highlights stimulate new solutions.
Trade show sneak peeks help busy industry professionals plan their time, product introduction news
keeps resource librarians informed, and category
groupings provide a taste of what’s available.
• Keep up with trends influencing branding and design.
Users can track consumer, retail, and design trends
and find design ideas from A.R.E. members.
• Meet the people shaping retail today. A.R.E.’s Retail
Council and DREAM Team designer groups include
top influencers of retail design.
Visit www.retailenvironments.org and click the Retail/design tab.
Newly elected to lead PAVE as
the educational foundation continues the momentum of
a banner year is Denny Gerdeman, principal of Columbus,
Ohio-based design firm Chute Gerdeman. Elected by the
PAVE Board of Directors during the March 27 meeting in
Las Vegas during GlobalShop, Gerdeman said he is excited
about launching the foundation’s new initia-
tives and enhancing existing programs.
Gerdeman is the recipient of DDI’s 2011
Markopoulos Award and has been named to
Retail Design Institute’s Retail Design Legion
of Honor and as one of DDI’s Retail Design
Influencers. He has served on the boards
of directors of both A.R.E. and PAVE, as well as on A.R.E.’s
DREAM Team and other volunteer programs.
Additional elected officers of PAVE include:
• Vice President: Linda Lombardi, Godiva Chocolatier,
• Treasurer: Richard Ernest, Crown Metal Manufacturing
Company Inc., Elmhurst., Ill.
• Vice President, Gala: Bill Goddu, Fleetwood Fixtures,
• Vice President, Education: Brian Davies, University
of Cincinnati, Cincinnati
Outgoing President Richard Stolls of Lifestyle/Trimco
continues his PAVE service as Immediate Past President.
In addition, four directors were elected to the board
during a PAVE Annual Meeting:
• Harry Cunningham, Saks Fifth Avenue, New York
• Randy Pender, BLUEPRINT3D, Woodbury, Ga.
• Veronica Romano, FIT, New York, and Veronica
Romano Creative Services LLC
• Denise Waldo, Leggett & Platt Store Fixtures,
Board members serve three-year terms. Officers serve
two-year terms. a full listing of board members and officers,
with images and bios, is available at www.paveinfo.org/